== BitTorrent Applications by Shane Mackenzie
=== BitTorrent Clients (i.e. programs that download data)
-  (2.6.9 - June 13, 2004 - Open Source - Win32 Only - Python ABC)
Single instance, global upload settings, quite a good client.
- , Japan (220.127.116.11 - June 27, 2005 - Open Source Azureus - java)
Features built in tracker, multidownload and fast resume.
-  (0.60 - September 8, 2005 - Binaries Only - Win32 Only - C++)
[[C++ BitComet]] multitorrent client. Small, clean, fast and very cheap on resources.
- BitSpirit (2.5 - April 20, 2004 - Binaries Only - c)
A reasonable client with some good features, some peer protocol extensions are non official though.
-  (0.3.15 - 2006 - Open Source - [[Python BitTornado]])
Latest version of the shadow's client, still just as good as it always was.
'  (4.0.0 - March 7, 2005 - Open Source - [[Python BitTorrent]])
The official* BitTorrent client. Version 4 is a complete rewrite. Features very simple/functional UI and queuing. Has the most up to date protocol and backend algorithms.
-  (0.5.4a - May 7, 2003 - Open Source BT++ Enhanced Client - wxpython)
An attempt at a multidownload GUI for BitTorrent, has been inactive for a while now.
-  (1.0 RC5 - August 30, 2003 - Open Source - Win32 Only - Python/Delphi)
Python Burst! backend, from Shadow's client with a nice Delphi front-end bolted on. A good client with multidownload capability.
-  (1.3.2 - February 1, 2004 - Open Source Ctorrent - C)
C console client for Unix platforms, and maybe Windows.
-  (2.5.22 - July 29, 2004 - Open Source Mldonkey - ocaml)
Multi-network file sharing client, supports BitTorrent among other protocols.
-  (18.104.22.168 - July 2, 2005 - Win32 only - C++)
This client is based on [[MooPolice|libtorrent]].
-  (1.6 - July 1, 2006 - Binaries only - Win32 only - C++ uTorrent)
Small, low resource usage. Autoupdating...
-  (0.3.0 - July 29, 2005 - Open Source - C++)
Console client for Unix platforms. Is based on rTorrent|libTorrent.
-  (22.214.171.124 - June 2, 2004 - Open Source - Win32 Only - C++ Shareaza)
A Gnutella2 client with add-on support for BitTorrent. Nice GUI but users report lots of problems.
-  (5.1 - December 29, 2003 - Open Source - Win32 Only - [[Python TurboBT]])
A Cool GUI BitTorrent client, very easy to use, Multidownload supported.
=== Other BitTorrent related programs
- StegTorrent -- A tool to hide BitTorrent metainfo (.torrent files) into and restore the same back from images (and other types of files) using steganographical methods, providing friendly GUI for the process.
- [[TorrentSpy Tracker Analyzer]]
-  -- Tools for manipulating [[Tracker WritTorrent]] info in a torrent, blogging torrents, and more.
- [[ByteTorrent (C++/Windows OLE)]]
- [[ LibBT: BitTorrent C Library (C/Linux)|http://sourceforge.net/projects/libbt/]] -- C-language Impementation of the BitTorrent core protocols
-  -- C++ libTorrent library, UNIX
-  -- C++ libtorrent library, UNIX, NT, MacOS
- Torrent.NET Class (Microsoft .NET / Mono Project) -- .NET class for manipulating the bencoded torrent file format.
-  is essentially Apache, Python and BitTorrent put together in one package. It allows you to run a simple webserver and [[Tracker BitTorrent Kit]] without configuring anything and with really simple install.
-  An Open Source C++ Tracker BNBT by Trevor Hogan.
-  A modified BNBT Tracker XBNBT.
- bt/index.html Tracker mod''bt module for Apache.
-  Lightweight [[Tracker OpenTracker]] written in PHP.
-  java servlet Tracker Sunflower.
-  Tracker Tracker written in JAVA.
Part of []
Last edit: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 03:54:21 -0700 (IstoYlisirkka) Revisions: 75